Skip To The Main Content
Autonet Logo
landlord insurance banner

We understand that being a landlord comes with many responsibilities and unforeseen risks. Whether you're renting out a second home or you have a more extensive property portfolio, you'll appreciate the importance of ensuring your investment is safely protected.

Our knowledgeable team has a wealth of experience, and will work hard to find you a quote from our wide panel of insurers. Give us a call today to see what we can do for you.

Compare Landlord Insurance

We'll compare Landlord Insurance quotes from our key panel of insurers, saving you valuable time. From urban apartments to semi-detached houses, whatever type of property you’re looking to insure, we’re here to help: Our flexible insurance panel can cater for all sorts of specific needs, so you’ll only pay for what you need.

What is Landlord Insurance?

If you’re renting out a property, Landlord Insurance is a must. It’ll cover you for any financial losses you incur due to theft, vandalism, fire and flooding, plus you can protect against things like breakages and spillages with optional Contents Insurance cover. Other optional extras are available, and we’re here to tailor your policy to suit you. 

Do I need Landlord Insurance?

While Landlord Insurance isn’t a legal requirement, a normal Home Insurance policy wouldn’t cover your property if it’s being rented out to paying tenants. Plus, if you have a buy-to-let mortgage, your lender will most likely have the condition that you have dedicated Landlord Insurance in place.

When it comes to who pays for Buildings Insurance, landlord or tenant, this should be your responsibility – again, while Landlord Insurance isn’t mandatory, you should consider getting Buildings Insurance at the very least. In the long run, it’s a relatively small price to pay to protect you against potentially huge costs in the future.

What information do I need?

Before you can get a Landlord Insurance quote, you should know your property value as well as its rebuild value – note that these two things are commonly confused, and the rebuild value is how much it would cost to completely rebuild your property from scratch.

What does Landlord Insurance cover include?

We aim to offer you a bespoke Landlord Insurance policy with all the elements you need to suit your needs. As standard, our Landlord Insurance cover includes the following:

  • Unoccupied properties covered up to 60 days
  • Protection against a wide range of perils, including – but not limited to – fire, storm, flood and landslip
  • Flexibility to include/exclude subsidence cover 
  • 24-hour claims assistance, 365 days a year

You can choose the option of Buildings Insurance, Contents Insurance or combined, and we can provide cover for a variety of tenants, including students and DSS.

Reasons to choose us for your Landlord Insurance

We have been providing insurance for over 60 years, and Landlord Insurance specifically for over 15 years. Our UK-based team is here to support you whenever you need us, and we work closely with our carefully-selected panel of insurers to find you your policy.

If you have more than one property, we can help you insure all of them with one simple policy, giving you one easy renewal date that’s easier to manage. Plus, we can offer lower rates on multiple properties.