Skip To The Main Content
Autonet Logo

we work alongside some of the leading insurers within the industry:

Fortress Logo
Aviva Logo
Axa Logo
Allianz Logo
RSA Logo
Ageas Logo

home insurance

For many people in the UK, your home is your biggest investment, which is why it's important to make sure that you have the right protection in place for when things don't go to plan. How would you cope if you were faced with the full cost of making repairs to your home after a storm or flood, or replacing the contents of your home if they were stolen?

Insuring your home against the unexpected can save you time, money and give you peace of mind, so get a quote today and see how much you could save by comparing quotes from some of the UKs leading home insurance providers. For more information, visit our home insurance FAQs for answers to the most commonly asked questions.

buildings insurance

There are two main sections of Home Insurance - Buildings insurance and contents insurance. Having buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, any external buildings like garages, as well as fixtures or fittings such as bathroom suites or fitted kitchens. With buildings insurance you are covered for damage resulting from the following examples:

  • Fire
  • Storm
  • Flood
  • Escape of water from fixed pipes or tanks
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Impact by vehicles, animals etc.
  • Falling trees, telegraph poles or lamp-posts

For the full list please see your policy booklet.

If you're not able to live in your home following a claim for one of these circumstances, the insurer will look to cover the cost of alternative accommodation while your home is being repaired. For complete peace of mind you can also choose to purchase extended accidental damage cover, which will protect you in circumstances like putting your foot through the ceiling.

It's important that you get the value of your home right: Over-valuing can increase the price of your policy, however if you were to under-value you could find out that you may not be covered for the full amount if you ever need to make a claim.

contents insurance

Contents insurance can provide cover for the possessions that you own in your home, for example furniture, TV’s, laptops, tablets, clothes, jewellery, artwork and even items like large kitchen appliances like washing machines. Under a standard policy you will have limited cover for accidental damage, but you can extend this to provide cover for things like paint or red wine spillages, or a breakage, for example – a vase. With contents insurance you are covered for:

  • Loss or damage to contents by fire, flood, storm, theft and other similar causes.*
  • Freezer food: loss or damage caused by a rise or fall in temperature in the unit caused by a mechanical fault.*
  • High risk items such as jewellery, watches or paintings can be covered.*
  • New for Old contents cover: replacing your damaged or lost insured item with a brand new one. There are some exceptions, for example clothes. See the policy booklet for full details.*
  • You can also extend cover to include personal possessions outside of the home – insure everyday items such as cameras, jewellery, keys, clothing and cash that you and your family take outside the home if they’re lost, damaged or stolen, even when on holiday.

*Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy document.

It’s important to get the total value of your contents as accurate as possible – this is the maximum amount the policy will pay out if the contents of your home are completely destroyed. Experts estimate that one in five households could be underinsured because they do not know the true value of their home contents – so remember to make sure you go through your house room by room when adding together the total value of your contents, and remember to include things you might not think about like curtains, carpets, wall light fittings, wall hangings, mirrors, bedding, as well as any collections you have like books, CD’s or DVD’s.

home emergency cover – If your electricity fails or heating system breaks down you could be left in difficult circumstances. This policy is designed to protect you in the event of a domestic emergency, which includes plumbing and drainage, home security, toilet unit, domestic power supply, lost keys and vermin infestation. With home emergency cover the insurer will appoint a suitably qualified contractor to attend your home to try and solve your problem. Click here for more information.
home legal expenses – provides you and your family with up to £50,000 in legal expenses for employment disputes, contract disputes, jury service, tax protection, property protection and bodily injury. A 24-hour helpline is also available, click here for more information.

high net worth home insurance

If you’re looking for high net worth home insurance then getting the cover you need comes from using a personalised service that truly protects your home and possessions. Here at autonet, we believe you deserve complete peace of mind when it comes to insuring your home, and have partnered with high net worth insurance specialists who can offer tailored quotes to the individual needs of each and every customer where cover is required for the following:

  • Buildings valued over £500,000
  • Contents valued over £75,000
  • High value items such as jewellery, watches or fine art with a value of over £10,000.
  • Thatch, Listed and other non-standard construction property

Contact us on 0330 343 9338* for more information on high net worth home insurance.

other products:

home emergency

More Info >>

Home legal cover

More Info >>

travel insurance

More Info >>

excess protector

More Info >>


More Info >>


More Info >>