Skip To The Main Content

Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge

we work alongside some of the leading insurers within the industry:

Aviva Logo
Covea Logo
NIG Logo
AXA Logo
RSA Logo

public liability insurance

Unfortunately accidents do happen, and if you were on a job and an accident were to occur your business could face a potentially expensive claim. Public liability insurance is there to protect you against any claims made by a member of the public or customer if they have suffered a loss or injury as a result of your business activity. Not only will the insurance cover the cost of any compensation awarded to the claimant, but will also cover costs, fees and expenses involved in the claim - taking away the hassle and worry of what ordinarily would be a very stressful time.

At autonet insurance, our insurers offer a minimum level of £1 million for public liability cover, but depending on your business you may need more. We can also provide cover for £2 million, £5 million and in some circumstances some of our insurers can even provide up to £10 million in cover. If you're not sure about what level of cover you need, call a member of our dedicated commercial insurance team on 08444 930 174* who will be happy to run through a quote and answer any questions you may have about public liability insurance.

who needs public liability insurance?

You should consider getting public liability cover if you or your employees are required to enter the premises of a customer, for example: plumbers, electricians, gardeners, plasterers, tilers, carpenters & joiners, painters & decorators etc.

You are also covered if you conduct your work in any public spaces, for example if you are a gardener who has been contracted to work at a public park, or if you are a builder working at height close to a public footpath and some construction materials fall onto the street, possibly causing injury or damage to a member of the public.

what is covered?

Public liability insurance will cover you for the following claims that are a result of your business activities:

  • Claims for an injury, for example: if a customer tripped over an exposed wire or a toolbox left by you or your employees.
  • Claims for damage to property, for example: If a self-employed decorator enters the home of a customer to paint the walls, and accidentally spills paint on the carpet.
  • Claims for death, for example: If you are working at height and drop something that causes the death of a customer or member of the public.

Public liability insurance does not cover claims made for injury or loss to any of your employees. To protect your business from this type of eventuality it is a legal requirement to have employer's liability insurance, which provides essential protection for your business if something were to happen to a member of your staff.

why choose autonet insurance

  • We work with some of the UKs leading liability insurance providers
  • Experienced commercial department dealing with your enquiries at our UK based call centre
  • Commercial legal expenses protection (optional)
  • Flexible insurance policies - pay monthly or in full
  • Purchase public liability insurance as a stand-alone policy or tailor your policy to include additional covers, such as contract works and cover for tools, plants, equipment and buildings.

related products:


More Info >>

fleet insurance

More Info >>

accidental death

More Info >>

self employed

More Info >>


More Info >>

autonet risk services

More Info >>